Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Where Should I Start?

Jackie, Lucas and I returned to KL on Saturday morning from a wonderful holiday in Dubai. Once I get hold of the cable I need, I'll be uploading some pics and videos for your viewing pleasure. The "report" will come along too. In the meantime...other news -

...JOB...

I received a month's written notice of the termination of my contract yesterday, ironically on the same day that - with the opening of the commercial portion of the Pahang-Selangor Water Transfer Tunnel Project bids - Shimizu found that the JV of which they are a part has the lowest bid by a significant margin. Having already passed the technical requirements, it is almost certain that they will win the job. However exactly when it is awarded is a big "?" - but it could be as fast a 2 months.

Unfortunately the end of my current project is not seamlessly leading into the tunnel project, so I will have to fill the gap with something. I fully expect to be offered a role with Shimizu in Singapore within a week or 2, but there are no guarantee's, so I'm looking at other options in Singapore, Dubai and possibly Abu Dhabi.

...CYCLING...

I was rather disappointed that Eurosport didn't show Paris-Roubaix a few weeks ago, but to make up for it, they're showing Fleche Wallone tonight, and Liege-Bastogne-Liege on Saturday night.

more to follow - just been distracted by some interesting job news!

2 comments:

Stupid_O said...

but they did show paris roubaix. channel 814. 1000 on sunday :-)

tryathlete said...

hey adrian, does that mean you won't be here in malaysia anymore?