Saturday, June 07, 2008

Greetings from Dubai

Hi folks. As I'm living in a hotel that charges AED18 (about RM16) for 20mins internet access, blogging has taken a back seat to more critical www activities. But somehow the www is working for free at the moment so i've time for a post!

Spent a fortune on taxis the first few days getting around - looking at schools etc... but got a car on Wednesday so I've got some cheaper transport here. Driving on the right was a new experience for me - so far so good. Still keep reaching the wrong way for the seat-belt, handbrake and gears though!

The sun is up at 5.30am every day, and its 40 degrees-ish (30 minimum). It's already Malaysia-hot by 8am!

Haven't ventured out for a run yet, but have checked out the cost of bikes!

I'm starting work in earnest tomorrow - wish me luck. More sewers for me for another 18months!

Looks like we'll live in a nice 3 bedroom villa (house = villa here) in a development called The Lakes, quite close to the 7-star Burj Al-Arab hotel and the Palm Jumeirah. Also close to Ski Dubai and the 2 schools for Lucas that we'll be applying to on Sunday.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want to go to Dubai and I would love to be in contact with someone who lives there. I am in Oregon, USA. If you know of anyone who might be interested in some communication/friendship via email, please pass my info. along. I have many questions of Duabi and would love to hear about it. You can read a bit about myself at my web site: www.creativerealestatechick.com. My email is: ShezaJewel at aol dot com. Thank you in advance for any assistance. Danika Dahl

Ishsal said...

mate, sorry for missing you before departure. i'm sure there'll be an excuse for us to connect in dubai sometime. just about to head out for my first ride in 5/6 weeks, its been a while, yes! i heard http://www.du.ae/ is recruiting, heck, maybe i should apply :)

Unknown said...

Hi Tall Guy: This is Ngae at the moment in Minneapolis US. Just read about your departure from KL. Hope to see you in 2009 IM Langkawi or sooner. Keep up your training. Nice to have met you.

Keipo said...

Wah..enjoy u life in Dubai...!!

sgloong said...

enjoy in Dubai.. hopefully we will have the chance to race again someday... take care

tryathlete said...

glad to see you're settling in nicely in dubai. please do keep us updated through your blog once you have a more cost-effective internet connection.

see you in langkawi '09!