Tuesday, February 20, 2007

CNY

Gong Xi Fa Cai!! Happy Chinese New Year to all!!

I've been off work since Saturday and will be back on Thursday. As you might expect I've taken this opportunity to do some training. I still can't quite get used to calling it training - it sounds far too serious! - but it is I suppose.

On Saturday a.m. I met Laif, Kenny, Billy, Geoffrey, Rafiq, PK & family and Azrin for a 60k loop the "wrong way" around Hulu Langat, including the climbs of Peres and Tekali. We saw quite a few riders out doing some final training for this Saturday's Langkawi Ironman. I met Sam, Azwar, Bacin and Don Khor. 64km @ 24.5kph.

On Sunday I met Arif at Bukit Aman and we did the Double Hill run in a fairly relaxing manner. 10.8km in 1:12:06. Later that day I swam for about an hour doing laps of fairly incompetent front crawl!

Monday was back to cycling - I left home at 6.30am and met Arif, Rafiq and Ron at Centrepoint. We headed off to Kg. Subang and the Guthrie Corridor. Whilst chatting to Arif I hit a stone (big but too small to call a rock) and punctured my front tyre. Rafiq cycled ahead to see why a number of police and motorists had congregated at the roadside....apparently a motorcycle had hit a cow - killing the pillion rider. It was a very good ride, with several good stints in "paceline" formation at 30-45kph. A doughnut and coffee at Starbucks with the boys set me up nicely for the final 22km to home. Despite the fast ride my legs were still going right to the end and I even managed it up the hill near home at a fairly decent pace. 94km @ 27.48kph

Today I really couldn't get up so lay in until 9'ish and then went go-karting with Ravi at Shah Alam. I did 3 x 10minute stints. First round my kart seemed a bit slow. Second round (different kart) my back end kept on sliding around. 3rd round (another new kart) I spun off the track and became grounded 3 times. Good fun anyway, but fairly pricey!

Tonight I'll try a run around TTDI Park and a night bike ride if anyone else turns up.

Before I go - BEST OF LUCK to everyone I know who's doing Ironman this weekend - Arif, Mai Senn, Azwar, Sam, Don Khor, Adzim and to Malaysia's finest - Wong Ah Thiam.

No comments: