Sunday, February 25, 2007

FTAAA X Country Race Report

Having spent much of yesterday wondering how the Ironmen were getting on I feel positively pathetic doing "only" an 8.2km run today!

I managed to improve last years time by about 14 minutes and dipped under 1 hour but missed my 55 minute target by 3 mins. I could have run about 1 min faster if not for "traffic" on one of the steep downhill bits. I didn't feel particularly good for any of the run except the final 10mins, and even then my right shoulder became very stiff and a bit painful - weird! My left calf also cramped a bit after finishing.

This was a low-profile event, I met Naresh Kumar and Gunaselan and bumped into Ashley Lim and Nezz, but I headed off for a bike ride fairly soon after the finish. However my motivation to ride was low and I only did 12km before heading home.

Anyway, a healthy-sounding 159km if training in the last week!

Next 3 weekends are full of running - KLIM Circuit Run 3 (2h/20km)- SMART Tunnel Run (14km) - KLIM 21k!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello my friend,
It's me P.Naresh Kumar from FTAAA Cross Country Run 2007.
First time I go through your blog.
Next week I am running Larian Gemilang at UM but never mind I see u on Smart Tunnel Run.
If u got any latest news about running event... pls e-mail to me naresh@iev-group.com

Anonymous said...

great blog. i also have the intention to be an iron man, currently i'm still trying to improve on my running. See ya on the next run.

NEZZ said...

Hi Adrian, I'm not gud in crosscountry races, a lil phobia i guess.. bad experience previously.. So, I'll see u at the Circuit 3 then.. cheers!!