Thursday, March 13, 2008

Taking A Break

My throat infection has resulted in 9 days (and counting) of ZERO training. But I went to the Doc the other day and got some antibiotics, which are taking effect now. My extremely annoying dry cough has nearly gone so I'm hoping to get out for a run tomorrow, and do 21km on Sunday.

I reckon the Hartmas route will be busy the next 2 Sundays with runners gearing-up for KLIM, perhaps including those who have overcome their Ironman Hangover.

So I'll be focussing on running for a couple of weeks, and have 5 weeks after that to get tuned-up for A'Famosa. So my plan is to maintain my pre-illness run and swim times, and get back on my bike.

Mind you, in mid-April it looks like Jackie, Lucas and I will be off to Delhi for a week or so, so there'll be a bit of a training break there too.

No comments: