Thursday, September 20, 2007

You Tubeauty!

I have only recently discovered the attraction of YouTube, and how to post videos on a blog.

I came across this gem yesterday. It is an early 1990/1 track from the wonderful London-based Shut Up & Dance (SUAD) label. I only selected this video as I am quite a fan of several other SUAD records, and had no idea what it sounded like. It turns out to be a fantastic tune - one which I think I last heard 16 or 17 years ago - probably on a John Peel show.

This is the kind of dance music that evolved into what was known as "Hardcore" and then further into Drum 'N Bass.

I do cringe sometimes when I hear dance tracks with silly samples, but even though this one is a good example of that, I love it anyway. Enjoy...early 90's British dance music with attitude (i.e. fast and without pianos or lovey-dovey female vocals)...

"Wicked" by Rum and Black...



A great up-tempo track for running to!

No comments: