Monday, December 24, 2007

Yet another Sunday filled to the brim with activity - making the most of my 24hr escape from my company's work-every-hour-God-sends culture.

Run

I started a 20km run at 6.05am and appeared to be one of the first runners off, but as I approached Sri Hartamas I saw that there were a few early-risers ahead of me, including Shazly (with Stupe?), both of whom I didn't recognise at first in the dawn light.

On the way back I passed a procession of buddies still on their outward journey - Ray HKK, Ong Siok Bee, Shahrom, Jaja, Abu & Saiful, Ronnie pm1, Randy T, Simon X, Carmen. My HR was low (80% HR max) and I came home in 2:04:58 (33:01 - 33:10 - 26:41 - 32:07)....

- a whopping 11mins faster than 5 weeks ago - (35:17 - 34:45 - 30:24 - 36:06 = 2:16:32), with little difference in perceived effort...

My 3h20m target for 30km in January is looking more realistic now.

Aesops Fables

I chained Jackie to the kitchen, to ensure she'd get
everything ready for our Xmas party on time, and Lucas & I headed off to The Actors Studio in Bangsar to catch the penultimate Aesops Fables puppet show by Jim West.

We also had the obligatory Scalextric races, one of which Lucas won by merit (my car was defective of course - otherwise I would surely have prevailed!)

After a trip home to pick up some wedding pressies I left behind in my mad dash to the puppet show, we headed back out, to Puchong, to attend...

Laily's wedding

My former secretary's big day was upon us. We had some makan and then attended the bersanding.

Big - Faizal, Laily n Me
Small - Lucas n Sarah

Back at home I went for a swim with the little fella and then settled down to watch Man U v Everton. I have a funny feeling that sly old veteran Giggs knew EXACTLY what he was doing with his little run inside the box with a few minutes left. What looked like a dead-end turned into a penalty which earned the old Devil 3-points.

And so to bed.


No comments: