Saturday, August 05, 2006

Back In Fitness Mode

Now that I've recovered from my recent ill-health and had a good workout last weekend at the MMDS2, I'm fully back in mood for exercising. So I cycled to work this morning (Saturday) in relatively slow 35:33 along the normal route. I really didn't put much effort in and my average heart rate was 128bpm. I finally sussed out that the reason my HR monitor goes crazy towards the end of the ride is that I pass over electrified railway tracks and under electiricity pylons. That explains the 110kmh speed and 234bpm heart rate! My plan is to cycle up the Old Gombak Road tomorrow morning. It's an old winding two-lane road leading North out of KL up towards the Genting Highlands. I normally ride up to the Genting Sempah tunnel and back. The road rises about 500m (according to my HRM) over about 15km - so not a very long ride but it is uphill all the way. Very popular with cyclists.

No comments: