Friday, August 18, 2006

Tour De Puchong

Having felt too lazy to go out cycling on Tuesday night and not too interested in doing the Harriettes run on Wednesday, I decided to join the "Puchong-Putrajaya Express" Thursday night 50km bike ride. I arrived early but couldn't see any bikers but found them with 5mins to spare. I got ready just in time and met one guy and chatted for about 2 mins before the 30 or so riders all whizzed off, 3 minutes late - which is early for Malaysians!! I joined the heavy 5 lane traffic and caught up the bunch in a couple of mins. We averaged 35kmh for a few km so I asked someone "is this the fast bit or the slow bit" - he said "slow" - I was dropped after 7km and gave up - it was like the Tour De France, but on a humid, dark, 4 lane highway with lots of crazy drivers around!! I still managed 21km at a respectable average of 28kmh. That's the last time I do that ride - I'll stick to 25km Tuesday night "recovery rides" from now on!

No comments: