Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Cuban Saturday

Went out for a meal with Jackie last Saturday night to a fairly posh restaurant (not sure if it was called The Loft or Mezza Note) on "Asian Heritage Row". We met the cheerful and rather round Cuban chef, who looked like Santa Claus, and had a tiny Caribbean Salad, followed by a nice Aberdeen Angus steak (me) and a nice bit of fish (Jackie). I was feeling a bit flush so I splashed out on a shot of Sambuca to wash it down - lovely!

Towards the end of the meal the Cuban band (actually from Cuba) came on (the same band we had seen a few weeks ago in the Nikko Hotel). They are the best band of that kind I've seen, and this has nothing to do with the fact that one of the rather shapely female singer/dancers spent almost the entire performance strutting towards Jackie and I and deliberately flicking her skirt up to expose most and sometime almost all of her naked bum as she spun round! Later on I was the first to be "volunteered" to join a "locomotion" style dance around the restaruant. Many others including Jackie joined in behind me to share the limelight.

We bumbed into a couple of relatives who were dining with a large group that included some Malay chap who I was sure is a Government Minister or some corporate big-wig or something like that. As we left we made our way past a host of Ferrari's, Porsche's and Subaru Impreza's and jumped into our humble Proton Wira and went off to pick up Daryl on the way home.

No comments: