Tuesday, August 22, 2006

A Lazy Sunday For a Change!

I finished off watching the film "Munich" last week. It was quite good, but a bit long. Eric Bana was good. I've now moved on to Brokeback Mountain and am about halfway through. I cycled to work as usual on Saturday morning, taking in a longer route than usual, through a bit of the very posh Kenny Hills or Bukit Tunku (Kings Hill) area. 'Twas an easy ride and as usual my HRM went crazy as I cycled alongside the railway tracks, so I won't go that way again. From now on I'll try to leave the house at 6.30am which gives me an hour to do about 25km on nicer roads. The final 30mins before 8 gives me time to stop sweating profusely and have a shower.

That night we went to a surprise birthday party for Sasha held by one of her mates. Sasha was blindfolded on the way. It was quite a good party - I talked to Marco, Jackie's Cuban salsa teacher and all-round entertainer, an exchange student from Ghana, a Philippino architect, a German exchange student....quite a mixed bunch. Unfortunately after I started drinking gin & tonic, someone must have offered me a cigar in the wee hours, which hasn't done my health any good. Anyway I'll make up for it tonight when I go out for another crazy 25km night bike ride with the Pedalphiles.

Consequently I felt awful on Sunday and didn't rise 'till 11am+. I dragged myself and Lucas out to see the Mens Elite race of the KL Mountain Bike Carnival (photos coming soon).

In the evening I watched the Czech MotoGP with Lucas, then a bit of the Man U match, then to bed. The next MotoGP is in 3 weeks and it is in.....Malaysia.....hooray!!

No comments: