Monday, October 30, 2006

Chin Woo Biathlon 2006 Race Report

No stopwatch or HRM for this event as it is being serviced! According to the timekeeper at the finish I finished in 1:06:03, about 4 minutes inside my target. Considering that I verified the run distance as being exactly correct (7km) by driving the course the day before, and that I didn't seem to run particularly fast, I am a wee bit surprised that I managed to finish so far inside my 1:10:00 target. My time was actually calculated as 2:06:03 minus 1 hour according to the timekeeper. I guess this is because the competitors were spilt in to 3 groups with staggered starts, so they will have been recording cumulative times. I must have started exactly 1 hour after the first group.

Assuming a 22min swim and a 1min transition, I did 7km in 43 mins - that is 1:01:00 pace for 10km!

Subang 10km run on Sunday morning!

More to follow...

2 comments:

Raymond said...

hey u did well!Keep up the momentum

Adrian said...

thanks raymond!