Monday, December 18, 2006

Aviva Ironman 70.3 Triathlon Singapore 2007

The latest news is that registration has now opened for this event.......

That's a 1.2 mile swim, 56 mile ride and 13.1 mile run (total 70.3 miles, hence the name!). Or in metric......1.8k/84.5k/19.8k.

At the moment I have serious doubts as to whether or not I could finish such an event, and I don't even know where I'll be in 10 months from now, but I'm sorely tempted to register. If I withdraw for any reason up to 1 month before the event I'll get most of my fee back.

Registering will also act as a massive carrot to encourage me to train through most of 2007. I'll certainly have to start doing 15-20km+ runs, 100k+ bike rides and some 2k swims.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Not really - just start with putting lots of mileage on the bike first - and keep swimming and running, but just do your "usual". In a 1/2 IM, once you finish the bike leg comfortably, you'll finish the race. But if your legs are buggered, not even all that running you've done will save you... so, start biking hard!