Saturday, December 02, 2006

Institution of Engineers Malaysia Seminar

For a nice change here's a post about me actually working (with photos too!) and not mucking about on my bike!

Earlier this year I was invited to present a talk about the project that I am working on to the Institution Of Engineers Malaysia on 16 November 2006. As I really do not ever like being the centre of attention I look forward to these events with a mix of nerves and determination (to actually do it). Fortunately 2006 has provided me with a small wealth of experience in public speaking - I presented three 15 minute papers to an audience of 2-300 an International Tunnelling Conference in KL in March, and did a best-man speech in front of 60 people, most of whom I didn't know, for my best mate Paul, in England in July.

The blog 'preview' feature isn't working now so here's a description of the photos all in one...

1 - Action shot of me talking about slurry pipejacking systems!
2 - The audience, rivetted to their seast to prevent them from leaving!
3 - Question time! I was rather aggresively and unfairly grilled by one delegate, but the session chairman soon got him to shut up!
4 - Award time - I got a certificate of Thanks and an IEM tie! How lucky I am!...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So you do actually work to fund your athletic activities! Your Dad would love the sight of you in collar and tie addressing so many people!!

way2 college said...

NICE BLOG!!! Engineering course is one of the most excellent choices for students from science background, in conditions of scope as well as bright career. It is a vast field that put forward numerous streams and specialty choices. Thanks for sharing a nice information.
bangalore university distance education