Sunday, November 05, 2006

Subang Jaya 10k Race Report

I finished in 1:05:23, a new PB by a good 4 minutes, but judging from my drive-around the day before I reckon the run was 300m short. Even still at that pace I would have done a full 10k in 1:07:24 - still a new PB by over 2 mins!

We set off 5 minutes early (unexpected indeed!!) and for the first time ever in a mass-start 10km I was (a) slowed down by people in front of me and (b) overtaking people in the first few minutes!!
Normally I am lagging behind.

Joel and I jogged round at my preferred pace and as I checked the timings at approx. 2,4,5,6,8km I seemed on target for a 1:08:00 run. 'Twas a fairly flat course with only 23m change in elevation. Felt good, as I hoped following a good 9k run the other night. Apart from wheelchairs, roller-bladers and the 7k front-runners, not many people overtook us and as usual I began to overtake a lot of people towards the end.

My HRM went crazy again so I was a bit peeved as I like to continually monitor my HR. Usually 140-150 at the start 145-155 middle and 155-165 max at the end. In the end my average HR was an acceptable (for me) 152bpm.

Was delighted to finish inside 1:06:00 but disappointed not to get a medal or cert. Maybe they;ll post a cert. Although considering the entry fee was about GBP1.50 and I got two goodie bags full of free drinks I mustn't grumble.

Highlight of the race was bumping into KC (Pacesetters photographer) in the final few '00 metres and getting our photos taken - THANKS KC!!

After drinking water and Milo and stretching, we saw KC again and got a decent photo taken (will post soon if it appears online) and headed home. I was home by 9.30am having done my 'thing' for the day and not neglected anyone!!

No comments: