Thursday, May 08, 2008

A'Famosa Target

Believe it or not, this time yesterday there was a serious possibility that I'd be jetting-off to Dubai for an interview this weekend and missing the long-awaited season-opener in Malacca. Somehow I managed to get away with a phone interview so I will be lining up for both Tri's at the weekend - hooray!

Last year I did the Oly race in 3:02 but the bike and run routes were short (37km / 8km according to me). Assuming the same route - I want to finish in under 2:40.

My plan is to put a lot of effort into the swim and take it easy on the bike to make sure I have a good run. Last year was my first Olympic tri and I remember really struggling on the run even though it was less than 8km.

I am really looking forward to this weekend as I haven't seen all my tri buddies for a long time - and for the first time ever I have Jackie and Lucas with me!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's great that you'll have your supporters cheering you as you finish. So, it's Dubai for my summer hols this year, is it?

SaifulAzri said...

2:40! sure u can..good luck!!

bola2api said...

good luck adrian!

Abu Soffian said...

Bro....Don't forget to snap my picture at finishing line

Anonymous said...

Hey Adrian,
I don't have your email address. Do check out some of your pictures here:

http://ivieong.multiply.com/photos/album/36/A_Famosa_Triathlon_2008