Thursday, May 15, 2008

Hilly Weekend!

I am particularly looking forward to this Sunday's Pacesetters 15km run as it is one of the best runs of the year. As I missed it last year (I was in Singapore doing the duathlon), and am leaving Malaysia soon, it's a final chance to grab a 15km PB (I have to beat 1:31:43) and say farewell to the beloved Double Hill route.

Talking of hills, one of my unachieved ambitions from the last 2-3 years is to cycle to Genting Highlands. I rode up there once in '97 with Boon Foo & gang, but only made it to the pagoda near the summit. Now I have to go all the way.

Luckily for me there's a ride up there on Monday morning. Unluckily for me I am 11 years older now and have the same bike with a less-than-suitable 42 x 23 smallest gear!

3 comments:

Simon said...

Dude, Genting on a 42x23 - I don't think so! I did my requisit ride up there once (albeit with a nasty handover) but on a 39x23 and struggled. I'd at least change the small chain ring if I were you and maybe try to loan a 25 or 27 back wheel for the day.

tryathlete said...

you're a brave man to attempt genting on a 42x23. the las two times i went up, i used a 39x25. on monday, i'll have the added benefit of a 27 on the back. where you planning to start from?

Unknown said...

34x25 for this fatty! Knees are a bit sore but will try to make it for Monday. Otherwise some makan before you leave?