Monday, May 12, 2008

End Of An Era

Many of you might know by now that these are now my final few weeks in Malaysia. My project is complete, and after much consideration, we're moving to Dubai. I'll be there at the end of May to start work with my new employer - Besix - who are part of the JV that is currently building this little beauty...

The Burj Dubai - the tallest man-made structure in the World.

I could be posted to a sewer project similar to the one I've just finished, or I could be on the recently awarded US$1billion Al-Safou Tram system. I really hope it will be the tram project - it will be much more challenging than manholes and pipelines.

I always knew it was unlikely that I'd stay in Malaysia for many years, but I'm still quite sad to be leaving behind the many, many good friends that I've made in the last 1-2 years through cycling, triathlon etc...

As I said to Simon X as I left A'Famosa yesterday, no doubt I'll be planning visits back to Malaysia to co-incide with races!

6 comments:

yipwt said...

hi adrian,

Glad to meet you in person at A Famosa tri.

Sounds cool working with the tallest building in the world :P

tryathlete said...

no kidding, you're really leaving?! there goes my number one target at races :(

Simon said...

You'll be missed but hopefully the Blog will keep us all in touch with you. Not to mention the numerous race inspired holidays you'll be having here.

sgloong said...

OMG ur leaving already... no goodbye... plan la something before u go... just us triathletes... KFC should do it already

zulhassan said...

we going to miss u .

Stupid_O said...

it's a bit sad that you're leaving us. all the best in dubai. give us a buzz when you're in town and we'll get to talking more crap along the way :-)