Tuesday, May 20, 2008

So Long, Farewell, Auf Weidersehen, Goodbye...

...and, of course, Selamat Tinggal...

Due to unprecedented popular demand (!) - I am arranging a bit of a farewell get-together/makan for anyone who is interested on Thursday 29th May at 7.30 or 8pm. The venue depends on how many of you are up for it, but it will be halal food and probably somewhere in PJ or Damansara or the outskirts of KL - within reasonable reach for most people. So far I've got about 10 people. This invite is especially for all of you who's number I haven't got in my phone.

Leave a comment if you can come so I can estimate numbers and choose somewhere appropriate. Suggestions for a restaurant are also welcome - not too expensive please!

Don't think of it as just a leaving do - there'll be lots of runners/triathletes so it'll be a rare gathering of this species that's not directly linked to a race!

Guest of Honour - Mr Tey Eng Tiong!!!!!!

Anyone who knows me is welcome!!!

Disclaimer - any public speaking at this event is limited to 10s per person. (this is my get-out clause!)

7 comments:

Mohd Shazly Khan said...

count me in!

Keipo said...

haha..bro Adrian tks for your invite ! Honour ? aiyooo...paiseh

sgloong said...

29th is good.. count me in... PJ or Damansara also very good... best place would be mamak i think... lots of curry ... just sms me the place once confirmed ... 012-3081470
Eugene Loong

Raymond said...

Hey adrian
I wont be able to make it coz im working tru-out the nite
It has been a pleasure to know u.Keep us update on your new beginning in UAE ok.
Am sure u won't be short of tri actions there as Faris is there.Local tri whiz kid,Barry Lee is moving to Abu Dhabi with is family end of this year too.
Take care n do visit KL once a while

tryathlete said...

adrian, i won't tbe able to join you for dinner as i'll be taking my son out for his birthday dinner, but do let me know where you guys will be, i will try to join after.

lilianw said...

It was nice meeting up with you during the RMAF run...although its goodbye ...for now, I'm sure you'll be back in Malaysia sometime or other so be sure to schedule your return so you can run here too! All der best in your new position in Dubai! Meantime keep this blog updated!

bola2api said...

adrian,

shahrom asked me to tell you he can't make it tonight coz he's already in Thailand for the Half Ironman this weekend. However he'd like to wish you best of luck in your new place and hope you won't forget your friends in malaysia. Farewell Adrian!

I'd like to wish you farewell too.. and all the best in the new place. Do come back to race when you got time(and extra holiday money). Will surely miss you during races :)