Sunday, September 24, 2006

Great Bike Ride with Profile!

I had a most enjoyable bike ride around the Hulu Langat valley this morning, my first Sunday ride with the Pedalphiles. We covered 52km, including the 10km Genting Peres climb (rising about 1000 feet) and the short sharp Tekali climb, rising about 500 feet over a distance of 2.5km.

Here, for your viewing pleasure, is an image of the output from my wonderful Polar HRM that I so look forward to looking at after each exercise.

Blue is speed, red is HR, dark red is altitude (click image to load a big one). As you can see we had a roughly 15km flat-ish warm up followed by the main climb. This took 40minutes to go up, and 15 minutes to go down. The descent was fun as always but too winding to get any real speed up. The second climb went better than expected, although it was twice as steep as the first one. The descent was great and I managed to reach 69km/h!!

More to follow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wonder if you'll receive this comment - I do enjoy reading your blog. What a great way to keep in touch! Mum.