Monday, September 11, 2006

Putrajaya 10k

I did the 10km run in Putrajaya yesterday in a new PB of 1h 9m 44s! My previous best was 1h 16m 47s. As I feel a bit fitter than my last 10k I set a target of under 1h15m. At the 2km marker my watch was on under 14min (= 1h 10m pace) which was good. The next few km markers seemed to be wrong (e.g. 4km was timed at 23mins, which is way too fast!). I plodded along, eventually pulling away from a few old folks I'd been running with. I was beginning to think it was going to be a "short" 10k but the lasst few km stretched out and appeared to be the right distance. As I approached the finish I saw I could dip under 1h 10m so went for it a bit and ended up 16s inside - hooray!

At home I plugged in my HRM and compared the data to my first 10k in early 2006. I have now run 10 minutes faster with the same average HR (154bpm) as then. This suggests I am fitter but today was a flat course. Next Sunday I'll do the hilly 10k Mizuno Wave Run - that'll be a better judge. Photos to follow if I find any.

No comments: