Saturday, September 23, 2006

Swimming

I swam 1000m in about 27 minutes on Thursday night, followed by some lame attempts to do front crawl. I can do it fine without breathing!! Breathing to the right is ok, but to the left is a bit difficult - i suppose i'm a right-sided kinda guy.

That was an easy pace, HR only 142bpm. Next week I'll try a bit harder - 24 minutes target.

I cycled to work this a.m. averages 29.8kph/135bpm - quite good i think! Legs & HR ok, but chest a bit tight. This in addition to my suspicion yesterday that my throat was a wee bit swollen and feeling more tired that i should considering my sleeping hours, leads me to conclude that I might be coming in for a cold. If i'm right it's good as it'll be gone by the time my triathlon comes up, but bad as it'll mess up my last 2 weeks training. If i can keep it at bay for another 24hrs, do my hilly 50k ride on Sunday, perhaps my body will banish it!

No comments: