Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Sore Legs and More

My leg muscles are into their second day of pain following the "Wild" Trailblazer on Sunday. If I site for 5mins or more I struggle to get up like an old man. This is putting a big dent in my hopes to go for my weekly Tuesday night "recovery" 24km bike ride. And with a 10k run (Putrajaya - Men's VETERAN category!!!) coming up on Sunday, I feel the need to exercise every other day. "See how lah" as they say in M'sia.

On the subject of hearts (I read Max's email today) I have bought a 1-yr overseas membership of the Cardiomyopathy Association, in the hope that I can obtain some information from them that will inform me how likely I am to drop down dead without warning. As a Engineer who tends to analyse things and look at things quantitatively, if I can get my hands on some juicy stats that show I am more likely to be killed by a stingray (like poor old Croc Hunter) than to die from the condition that I "probably" have, maybe I'll begin to spend less than 90% of my waking hours thinking about it.

I am going for my yearly Shimizu medical on the 19th, 2 days after yet another early Sunday morning 10k run. I hope to arrange a stress-test and echo at the same time. I have done more exercise this year than ever in my life I think, so I am hoping to see some weight and blood cholesterol reduction compared to last year. I have dropped to 88kg for the last few weeks, compared to the usual 90kg.

I love my HRM stats. Since I got it in early 2006 I've done 64hours of exercise and burned 40,000 calories. More to follow!!

I am now trying to find a decent public swimming pool in KL so I can do some swimming training for my triathlon in October.

October = Birthday!!!!!! Hooray!!

No comments: