Saturday, July 14, 2007

Back To It

Poor old Vino! - look at the state of him -

15 stitches in each knee and a lot less skin on his right elbow. His mate Kloden has fractured his coccyx. Both are in my fantasy team. The day before Friday 13th was bad luck for them, and me!

I fully back into training mode now.

Wed - turbo sesh
Thu - 5km run in gym
Fri - 5km run in gym
Sat - 26km ride to work
Sun - Seremban Half Marathon

My target for tomorrow is to beat 2:06:00. I'd better sleep early tonight. I've been up until 12am every night keeping an eye on Le Tour live on the internet. I am gutted that Eurosport showed the Giro and Dauphine live every day but not the Tour De France. They had Beach Soccer on last night instead - ?!?!?!?

In other news, the S'pore Tri schedule has been announced and my race doesn't start until 11.15am!!!!!! It'll be super hot - I'll be racing until about 2.45pm! Although it means I don't have to get up so early and can watch the Elite race, it totally messes up my plans to leave S'pore by bus at 4.30pm. I thought I'd start racing at 7-8am, and I've already paid for the bus tickets (non-refundable, and not cheap!).

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Adrian from Geoff and Lisa in Singapore. Great to read your adventures, especially as we're looking for some great hills to ride in Malaysia to prepare for L'Etape next year. We'll read more about your rides and maybe ask some more tips for the occasional weekend trip with the bike bag to Malaysia. MOST IMPORTANTLY, we've tried allsorts of ways to view Le Tour live over the internet - how are you doing it - what site???

Regards G&L

Adrian said...

hi G and L. would be glad to help re: malaysia cycling routes. email me or give me your email add and we can get in touch. i cannot access live video of le tour on the internet. eurosport do it but only if you're in france. velonews.com does highlights videos. luckily for me, live coverage of le tour started again last night on astro ch80 in malaysia.

Anonymous said...

I winced when I saw the 30 riders all in a heap and recalled your teenage close encounter with the tarmac. I'm sure you remember it too!

Unknown said...

Adrian,

Thanks for the highlights site, it's a bit better than SBS with the videos, but I must say I'm very frustrated and a little surprised that there's no live coverage in Singapore.

I'd love to hear about some good road bike rides (and cross country if you're into mtb)in Malaysia as there just aren't enough hills in Singapore. My email address is:
gpurtill@vissg.jnj.com or geoff.purtill@gmail.com (not checked all the time).

Good luck with all the events your doing. I'm doing OSIM OD on 28th July, which i think you mentioned on your site, so maybe we can touch base if that suits.

Geoff