Wednesday, July 25, 2007

The Build Up

It's a big weekend coming up for me! (Try not to get too excited in case things go pear-shaped!)

Posh bus trip to S'pore on Friday afternoon. Lucas is SO excited about being able to play computer games on the bus!

Sat 9am I have an appointment at the Bike Boutique to be fitted for my new bike frame. Its a Planet X Stealth Pro Carbon and a big lanky streak like me needs a 57cm XL. I'll have to make do with black as that's all they have in my size. I'll probably also pick up a stem, spare tubs, a hydro-tail and maybe even a new tri-suit.

Sunday 11am-ish is triathlon time and my target will be...

Swim - 31:00
T1 - 2:00
Bike - 1:18:00
T2 - 2:00
Run - 1:00:00
TOTAL - 2:53:00

Its Rasmussen vs Contador on TV for 2 hours tonight. No doubt whichever one took the most drugs or blood transfusions yesterday will be the winner! Oops - that could be libelous!

Due to being supplied with copious amounts of fine Japanese food and sake by my colleagues from the Land Of The Rising Son on Monday night I was to "ill" to ride on Tuesday night and am still pretty tired today so my training is not exactly high-intensity...and there's only 3 weeks until Desaru! That has crept up quietly!!

5 comments:

Vicious Cycle said...

rassmusen vs the disco boy's 2 prong attack... by leipeimer & cantador. Cantador just didnt had it.


so i expect you to bring in 2 bikes back... ;)

Soon!! with these highly nutritious black fibers...i will need a longer range harpoons.

Vicious Cycle said...

forgot to add this...57 is huge!!

Abu Soffian said...

Good Luck 2 U 4 this weekend race

fook said...

congratulation on ur PD tri,
wow! u getting ur new weapon this weekend! and all the best to u in this weekend Tri.

Raymond said...

Good Luck in OSIM pal,I was supposed to go too but the cost factor pulled me back how sad!
Ill see u in Desaru,triathlon is bloody addictive! haha