Thursday, July 26, 2007

Fried Chicken Wings

My tendency to support sporting underdogs means that it's rare for my chosen one to excite me with race-winning moves. However last night the chicken (with wings) Rasmussen had my heart rate right up and the adrenalin flowing as I lay prone on the sofa watching him take all the punches that the Disco Duo could throw at him.

I kid you not, once the Disco boys had tired I thought to myself that the icing on the cake would be for the Chicken to drop them in the final km and put 30s into them. An indeedly-doodly-doo that's exactly what he did. A great race!

So...you can imagine my surprise this morning when I find out that the winged-Chicken has been fried by his team for lying about his whereabouts in June!

Day-by-day my fantasy team is being devastated by injuries and drug-related incidents.

Vino & Kloden - team withdrawn due to Vino positive test.
O'Grady, Rogers & McEwen - The Aussie crocks all abandoned due to injury.
Zabriskie - time-barred after working hard for yellow-jersey Cancellara
Rasmussen - sacked by team for lying!

No comments: