Thursday, July 12, 2007

Out Of The Wilderness

Inspired by the decline of my recent illness, the latest 220 Triathlon mag (thanks Mum) and the 2 months free membership voucher for Celebrity Fitness that's been sitting in my car for almost a month, I finally went to the gym yesterday to register, with the intention of getting some 30min runs or bike rides in at lunchtimes, or in the mornings once Lucas' school holidays start in a week or so.

In the evening, I came back from the training wilderness last night when I managed a 43min turbo sesh while watching the Stage 3 Tour highlights. Before that I had been crossing over to the "dark side" - beginning to enjoy the almost unheard of 9-day period of inactivity!

The PCC newsletter announces that there'll be just a short ride on Sunday so looks like I'll be heading to Seremban for another 21km fun run.

In my fantasy Tour, I'm currently 1965th out of 3742, which I reckon is pretty good as most of the high scorers at the moment don't have teams that will maintain those scores through the mountains. I have a number of currently low-scoring GC contenders in my team and when things get shaken up by the Alps this weekend I hope to start my rise into the prize-winning zone!

According to the TNT online tracking, my wheels have been in a warehouse for 24hrs - hopefully I'll get them by tomorrow and will sleep with them by my bed for weeks to come!!

I'm beginning to plan ahead for my trip to England in Sept/Oct. I've got my eye on 2 footy matches, and my mate Paul's Dad is looking at getting Chelsea tickets...

Tottenham v Aston Villa - Mon 1/10/07
Arsenal v Sunderland - Sun 7/10/07 (will need to avoid post-wedding hangover for this one!)

No comments: