Wednesday, October 24, 2007

2008 Here We Come

I've signed up for my first race of 2008 - the Pacesetters GE 30km in January.

This year's event was my first run over 15km (I did the 20k) and so 2008 will be my first time at the full distance of 30km. I then plan to do my first marathon in KL a couple of months later.

I've also re-jigged my weekly training schedule to squeeze in more hours and km's by making the most of the wasted time spent sitting in some kind of vehicle. So, with the help of Jackie and a neighbour to take the boys to school in the mornings, I'll be able to run to/from work 3 times a week instead of once...thats 42km! ...and I hardly eat into any "family" time. Some good planning is required though!

I've also started cycling to and from my weekly Tuesday night ride to give myself a 57km ride instead of a measly 26km. Mind you Jalan Tun Razak at 7.30pm is a bit hair-raising!

1 comment:

bola2api said...

take care adrian.. malaysian motorists are a bit scary.. we dont want to read any bad news about u in the papers :)