Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Highs and Lows

HIGH - I ran 14.2km from work to home on Friday night. Although it took me 8 mins longer than before, it was my first run over 10 minutes for 7 weeks so I was happy I had the will power to do it. I ran really slowly but still needed to stop a couple of times for a total of about 5 mins. IN the last 30mins I was pretty tired and dehydrated. Much more fatigued than before my break. I plan to do that twice a week.

LOW - I woke up too late on Saturday to ride to work. My plan now is to use this short ride to do some strength training. Lucky this week on my 07/08 Training Plan is still "preparation" (mental and physical!).

LOW - Liverpool snatched victory from the jaws of defeat.

LOW - England lost the rugby. Its difficult when the ref and the video ref are playing for the other team.

HIGH - went to the MotoGP on Sunday. The 250cc race was great, with 4 riders forming a pack towards the end. I correctly predicted that one of them would crash about 1 minute in advance! Lorenzo was crowned World Champ and he put on gold boxing gloves and a cape. The MotoGP race wasn't a great one but it's quite a thrill when they all start together - it is as if God is tearing the air apart.

HIGH - no jam on the way back!

LOW - I woke up late and missed the start of the F1. Sounds like Hammo messed up at the start.

LOW - Spurs were hammered by the Geordies last night. What a bunch of LOSERS!!!!!!!!!

No comments: