Thursday, October 11, 2007

I'm Back

I'm back in KL after 10 days in England. I didn't do any running! Will get a long run and ride in this weekend though I hope. Here's a few things that struck me during my holiday...

  • Orange street lights
  • Fit, healthy-looking dogs of all shapes and sizes
  • Exceedingly polite shop assistants
  • Being asked if I want a bag instead of automatically being giver one
  • Natural air-con all around
  • Lots and lots of cyclists in London, riding all sort of bikes
  • The opposition political party all over TV and the papers
  • The PM being given a hard time by reporters on TV
  • Non-cartoon kids TV
  • A guy with jeans worn so low he had to walk like a penguin to stop them falling down
  • Digital TV, with loads of really crap channels!
  • RM5 for a newspaper, RM70 for a couple of sandwiches etc... for 2 in London, RM210 for a taxi from Central to South London, RM150 for a 2hr bus journey, RM3 minimum charge for a public payphone call, RM80 for a 30min train journey
  • Big fat mozzies in my Mums house - in England- in October - wow!
  • Drivers who are considerate towards pedestrians and other drivers
  • Buses driving slowly in slow lanes
  • Lots of Range Rovers
  • People wearing long-sleeves and warm clothes
  • The wide and wonderful variety of people in London - a thousand different sizes, colours, hairstyles, fashions, languages, and probably 3 or 4 different genders!
  • 568ml beer cans!
  • Super-cheap clothes in Tesco!
  • No comments: