Thursday, October 11, 2007

Rant Rant Rant!

Excuse me for ranting, but I am jetlagged and exasperated at what's gone on (or perhaps I should say hasn't) at work since I've been gone.

I've just had a letter from my sub-con stating that one of his manholes has been buried under a layer of tarmac.

Can someone please tell me at what point in the 21st Century will people stop burying manhole covers under tarmac? Are they blind or totally stupid? What goes through their mind when they cover the manhole? Does anyone realise the time and cost incurred by manhole covers being covered?!??!?!?!

God please help me!

1 comment:

VetRunner said...

Adrian,

You are not alone on this. I have also experienced this sloppy job done by certain council who had extended the pavement and cover 2 manholes that belonged to my clients. Time was wasted to locate the manholes and projects delay..