Friday, October 19, 2007

Hugh Laurie

26 hours on a Jumbo recently afforded me the opportunity to finally get a glimpse of Hugh Laurie doing an American accent in "House". I'm a great fan of Laurie (A Bit Of Fry & Laurie, Jeeves & Wooster and especially Blackadder) and it's always intriguing to see British actors leading American series.

...and I wasn't disappointed. I managed to watch about 6 episodes and they were pretty good, although they all follow an almost identical format. I can see why he's won acting awards for it.

I wonder how many people who watch House are aware of Laurie's acting in Blackadder 3 and 4. Here's a clip from Blackadder 3 from 1987 - wow! - thats 20 years ago!. You will notice Mr Bean (Rowan Atkinson) in there too. Life would be much less bearable without Blackadder, a truly classic British comedy.



Three cheers to Hugh Laurie, Stephen Fry, Tim McInnery, Miranda Richardson, Rowan Atkinson, Miriam Margoyles, Rik Mayall, Ben Elton, Richard Curtis, Helen Atkinson Wood, Tony Robinson!

1 comment:

Azman said...

A Bit of Fry and Laurie is hilarious! They are showing Blackadder 3 on BBC Entertainment on Astro.