Saturday, March 10, 2007

Busy Week

I've not done any posts for a while as during my free time I've been busy organising the PCC Time Trial. Looks like we'll have 70 riders - wow!

I missed out on the Tuesday night PCC ride due to a severe bout of food poisoning. I woke on Tuesday morning feeling ok, but something was clearly wrong downstairs! As the morning wore on I felt worse and worse (tired, dehydrated, stomach cramps). A trip to the doc sorted me out with medication and I reluctantly called my boss to declare the afternoon "MC" (Medical Certificate) aka Monday Certificate. That was a good move as I felt worse in the afternoon. It didn't stop me lying down and watching Gandhi and True Romance on DVD.

I felt ok again on Wednesday and was back to work. In the evening was a PCC meeting.

On Thursday night I was supposed to do the Double Hill 10km run but I preferred to go home as I didn't spend any time there the night before. I did however make it to the pool for 30mins to try some front crawl. I was fairly useless as usual, but I did identify my major technique flaw - I am pushing down with my pulling arm to enable me to lift my head to breathe. So instead of keeping straight and rotating, I am bobbing up and down.

Friday evening I had a lesson at Chin Woo pool with Mr Peh, ex-Malaysia swim coach. He taught me more in 10 minutes than my previous lessons had achieved. Next lesson next week.

Today I rode to work, with aero bars, on a route chosen for length (29km) and lack of junctions so I can maintain the aero position more consistently. I need to lower my bars and get a more padded saddle. Average speed 30kph (could have gone faster but too lazy!)

Lunchtime - 1500m swim (breaststroke) in 38mins+.

Tomorrow - SMART Tunnel Run (16.1km). Target time = 1:38:00 (6:05 per km)

1 comment:

Hengster said...

How did you enjoyed the Tunnel Run!?