Saturday, March 17, 2007

Swim Lesson #2

I had my second weekly swimming lesson with (ex-Malaysian national team coach) Peh Gin Hai at Chin Woo last night.

In my first lesson last week my main step forward was learning to keep my leading arm in front of me longer to keep my body balanced while I breathed.

This week the main things I learned were to rotate my body more and to lead with my shoulders for the rotation rather than making my arms lead my shoulders. I also began to work on the "pull" which is the part of the arm stroke that gives most propulsion, but also the bit that I don't use enough of. I am also learning to keep my head/torso lower in the water (the corrrect position feels like I am actually leaning down into the pool).

During all of this I am becoming more confident with the breathing. I doubt if I'll be doing crawl in the A-Famosa tri in 3 weeks though - although as I type I could try front crawl in the Sprint event (only 400m swim).

1 comment:

Wandernut said...

Hi there,

I'm a newbie looking at getting my swim technique right. Looking around for a coach in the Subang/Sunway/PJ area. Is your coach attached to ChinWoo and ChinWoo only?

How much do you pay for the training you attend and how often are the classes? Any advice would be greatly appreciated :D

Thanks,
WeiNa
wandernut@yahoo.com