Sunday, March 04, 2007

Of Lakes & Lions

KLIM Circuit Run 3 - I managed 8 x 2.3km early morning laps of Lake Gardens, KL, in 1:54:26. This was my second longest run ever, behind the Pacesetters 20k in January.

I really struggled on the last 3 laps and gave up on my idea of squeezing half of a ninth lap into the 2 hours. I weighed a paltry 78kg after that run - my lightest yet (since records began in early '06!), but was back up to 81kg+ in the evening! There weren't too many people I know there except Ronnie See & Nezz, but I did see the elusive Lizi Lim, who I am keen to get signed up for the PCC Time Trial. Anyone with a Cervelo bike and HED aero wheels cannot expect to get away without taking part.

This is early on in the run...


About halfway and still looking cheerful!...


Still smiling!...

This must have been lap 4 or 5 as I was pretty miserable for the last 3 laps!!...



In the afternoon, after a few lazy hours at home, Lucas' persistence directed us to "The Chicken Rice Shop" in Great Eastern Mall, for his favourite meal - you've guessed it - chicken rice!! There were 2 lion dance bands doing the rounds, so it was a noisy experience. We were then treated to a Chinese Drum show followed by the World Champion Lion Dance team doing their thing (Lions dancing on poles)...photos to come..

The Police have been cracking down on pirated DVD sales in town, and my usual source has closed, but I recently found a place in PJ that sells them so a few days ago I got True Romance, American Beauty, Midnight Cowboy, Gandhi and ? one more. Yesterday I finished off Romance and watched American Beauty, then my new favourite BBC show Judge John Deed.

14km SMART tunnel run next Sunday - and the start of the MotoGP season! Go Capirossi!!

3 comments:

Keipo said...

14km ?

Is 16km woh...be ready woh !!!!!

Adrian said...

ah yes - 16km...actually 16.1km!

NEZZ said...

the organizer should give medals to all circuit finishers... that will attract more people isn't??