Friday, April 06, 2007

Go Lewis!

When it comes to sport, I generally support underdogs. I see no attraction in supporting the best/fastest competitor, so I have never supported Valentino Rossi, Michael Shumacher, Chelsea or Man Utd., Tiger Woods, Roger Federer etc... I also believe in staying loyal - I have supported Tottenham Hotspur since I was young despite their never-ending mediocrity. So I am more of a Capirossi Button Tottenham Ivanisevic Montgomerie kind of guy.

This fits in nicely with most British sport as we seem to be very good at lots of sports but with relatively few No.1's or Champions. That is except the track cycling team who just hammered everyone else in the recent World Champs - in this case I of course support my home team - and they are the BEST.

Due to my preference for underdogs I think I am entitled to bend my loyalty rule now and again. And so I have in F1...I grew tired of supporting fellow-Scot Coulthard and my next favourite Button now seems to have dropped off the pace, so I hereby declare that Lewis Hamilton is my new F1 man. It helps that he drives for a British team.

So here's to young Lewis - as I type he's 4th fastest in first practice for Sunday's race, that I will view from a comfy grandstand seat for the first time - I will tie up my Union Jack flag especially for you at the front of Grandstand F1 on Sunday.

2 comments:

NEZZ said...

I've cancelled my A'Famosa Tri this Sunday & I wanna witness you folding your Union Jack flag @ F1. Go Lewis Go!! Hip hip hurray!! :)

bola2api said...

u'r not going to A famosa, Adrian?