Sunday, April 22, 2007

Power Run 2007

I managed the 10.8km (or possibly 10.9km) in 1:01:31. This was 3 minutes outside my target. However as my targets are always to go faster than ever before - I am not contemplating suicide, especially as I did run 18 minutes (!) faster than last year. On that day Joel finished in about 1 hour and I wondered how long it would take me to improve to become as fast as him.

Here's some photos - a million thanks as always to Tey, and Jason Lee - photos are better than medals or certs.

Here I come (just after start)

The compulsory victory salute!

I bump into this guy regularly - he cannot talk (not sure of the reason) but he's a cheerful-chappie and it's always nice to see him.

Patsy Yap - The Queen Mother of Malaysian Multi-sports!

This is my Port Dickson passenger Bee Hoon...

This is Shahrom, Malaysian Duathlete-supreme and fellow Wednesday-night Bukit Jalil swimmer - he'll be at the S'pore Duathlon too so at least I'll know somebody there.

This one of me looking super-dynamic and determined, taken by Jason Lee. Note silly tan due to cycling!

The end is nigh!...

My target time passed as I entered Dataran Merdeka so I took it easy the last 500m...

Hello Tey!...

With Nezz and der Pacemakers after the run!

And now for statistics! HR at the top. Course profile at the bottom. From L to R, the lines that end early are 2007. I ran 23% faster than 2006 but with a mere 2.5% increase in HR.


From now on I'll only do 10k runs if there's no other event on and if I feel that I can miss out a long bike ride. Subang is a good one so I might do that.

3 comments:

NEZZ said...

Congrats.. u're fast!! What a cheerful & sunny Sunday, the photosession was more happening than the prize-giving.. hahaha..

Keipo said...

adrian:

the man who u always met is from Klang,he is senior runner,but cause he only use hand language,a deaf-mute person.

bola2api said...

congratulations!

hey your tanlines are the same as Shahrom's! so, it's not that silly after all .. haha