Saturday, April 14, 2007

New Double Hill PB

Sat. 14/4/07
6.30am
10.8km in 0:59:13 @5:29/km

Lack of motivation on Thursday and heavy rain on Friday postponed my return to the Double Hill after alomst 2 months. As I have done hardly any running in the last few weeks except in events, I was determined to run this week, so I modified my usual Saturday a.m. routine to squeeze a 10.8k run in...0:59:13 - a new PB by 3m58s!

I suspected that I might be able to dip under the hour for the first time and seemed quite quick in the first 3km. After that I felt ok and reached halfway a few minutes up on previous times. In the second half I felt tired and even walked for about 40s, but the long slight downhill to Bukit Tunku helped me recover and I reached the turn towards the final hill in 50mins - 5 mins faster than usual. At 55mins I knew I'd get a PB so took it easy up the final hill and downhill to the car.

No comments: