Thursday, April 19, 2007

Swim Power, Lesson #6

Swimming:

I went to Bukit Jalil again last night for swimming training. I swam at least 2000m all front crawl! 700m warm-up (not all at once) then 3 sets of...4 x 50m + 2 x 100m. Then 2 sets of 2 x 50m + 1 x 100m.

Rotating my body/shoulders more and aiming lower with my leading hand makes a big difference. For that session one other thing I was working on was maintaining the power in my push right until the end of the stroke.

Power Run

It's the Power Run this Sunday. Officially it is 10km but I think it is actually 10.7km. I don't plan to do 10k events this year (I want to stick to 15km or 21km's) but seing that I have some days coming soon where I can go for long rides before the 100-mile ride on 6 May, I thought I'd do this run to compare my time to last year.

In 2006 I finished in 1:19:04 but considering my recent sub-hour 10.8km hilly run my target for this weekend is also to break the hour barrier. In fact I'm going to push it a bit and say...0:58:40. Hopefully the crowd wont slow me down at the start.

1 comment:

NEZZ said...

See you on Sunday!! I'll consider it as part of my weekend's training..