Monday, August 27, 2007

Mid-Valley Madness

After my Subang heroics I went to Mid-Valley with Jackie and Lucas. Normally I avoid that place like the plague - especially on a Sunday - but as I got back from my run early I didn't mind risking it on this rare occasion. I was happy to get a parking spot quickly and the Mall wasn't too busy.

We queued for tickets to see Ratatouille (even though Lucas had already sat through a fake DVD of it) and had an early lunch while we waited for it to start. After the movie (with amazingly realistic graphics) ....we unsuccessfully shopped for navy Converse shoes for the little fella...successfully found him a nice smart light blue shirt for his Auntie's wedding...I got a strap to help me lug my bike around Singapore next weekend.. had a coffee and cake in the Coffee Bean...then more naughtiness (ice creams from Mickey D's).

For the first time ever Lucas then pestered me to accompany him while he rode his bike (normally it's the other way round). He's got the hang of riding on 2 wheels now, but he's not too good with the brakes yet! I had a go on his mate's BMX, prompting cries of "race!" from Lucas. I told him I wanted him to experience a proper fall before he got carried away with racing!

Soon I had my "wish" and Lucas was sprawled on the floor next to his bike after a medium-speed total loss of steering control. No tears and no blood worth mentioning - and Lucas' first official fall had finally happened.

In case you were wondering (Mum) - he was wearing his helmet.

No comments: