Thursday, August 02, 2007

Results 'N Pics

OSIM Tri:

Oh how I chuckled to myself when I saw this!...

Due to either not listening properly, a blind desire to do 40km, or a mistake by the MC, I finished 126th (LAST!) out of 126 finishers in my category at the OSIM Tri!! Over 12 minutes slower than the next man!! ha ha! Looks like doing too few laps gives you a "Fail in BikeLap Count" but doing too many is just fine! PS - must have been "not listening" as it looks like I was the only one to do more than 20k! what a plonker!


However I'm pleased to note that if I'd done the same 20km as everyone else I would have come in a much more respectable 50-somethingth. I was doing a good Fabian Cancellara impression (facial expression only, not actual speed) on the way round. Here's some photos.

PowerGel time.

Fabian Cancellara.

After a quick change of clothes, a final push to the finish.

Back into normal attire, and on the run.

And here he is, last man in 5-39 cat.!

Also, it seems that my hero of the day from PD - Sanjeev Gathani - is a triathlon veteran. He's a regular at the OSIM Tri and finished just ahead of me.

PD Result:

71st out of 134 in the mens 30-39 cat.

No comments: