Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Here Comes the 30

It's the Pacesetters GE 30km run for me this weekend and I'm quite excited! Due to my reluctance to run 25km last Sunday, this run will be my first ever over 21km, or 2h25m.

I excitedly took my reg. card off the kitchen notice board on Monday morning and it's in my desk at work until I pop off to Lake Gardens on Saturday morning to get my number (0047?) and vest.

My plan since October has been to do this run in 3h20m. Based on the same pace as my two best recent 20km runs I can do a 3h09m, which gives me an 11min zone for a final 10km slow-down. Inside 3h20m will be great but to go a few minutes faster would be wonderful!

It'll be dark at 6am so if I don't see anyone or say hello - here's good luck to you from me now.

I have some questions...

Are we given a Powergel at the Hartamas turn?
Are there km markers?
Do we do the loop past Bank Negara KTM station 3 times?

and most importantly...will Tau Foo Fa be served at the finish line!

4 comments:

慧沁 Wai Sum said...

I hope they will provide powergel, so that I dun have to bring my own (hope that less weight will help in finishing 30K more easily!:-P)

also wondering if they will provide plain water for me to digest my powergel?

sgloong said...

fyi... last year they did give one powergel...and every 5km a distance marker... as for water there is plenty but make sure dont miss the station...

this year i think will be different coz they even have 10k event for GE staffs... see u there Adrian... and make sure u dont potong sayur me ok... malulah..

btw who is Wai Sum?? cute...

EL

tryathlete said...

going by last year's run:
1) powergels were given at the shops in hartamas.
2) i think there were km markers every 5k.
3) we didn't do the bank negara KTM station loop at all.
4) don't like tau foo fa so didn't see

Keipo said...

got 7 water station lah..for 30k..for 20k is 5 stations.

normally will give powergel at 20k petronas..but don know this yr..cause no mention in the important note.

all der bes,bro adrian !!