Thursday, January 17, 2008

Train of Thought


Why do the media give Tom Cruise a hard time? Who cares if he has unusual religious views - does that actually affect anyone else in a tangible way? So what if he jumped up and down on US TV expressing usually reserved emotions - is that a crime? He's a movie actor for goodness sake and does a great job if you ask me - leave him alone.

The constant news in the inquest into Diana's death leaves a bad taste in my mouth. The papers aren't interested in the real issues. It wouldn't surprise me if the whole circus is a fire fanned by the media so they can report gory or gossipy details about her life and death on a daily basis for another several months - such as who her lovers were, what they said, who called her a "whore", how she said Queenie would abdicate, what she looked like after the accident etc...blah blah blah...

HOLD THE FRONT PAGE!!! Mega Breaking News - as reported by The Star a few days ago, International Trade & Industry Minister Rafida Aziz has finally obtained a Jaya Jusco loyalty card after 20 years of shopping there. She said she didn't have one because nobody had ever offered her one. Mmmmmm - I would expect such distinguished persons to display a bit of initiative in such critical matters!

Why do I never see empty roti man bikes? They are always jam-packed full of bread hanging everywhere. Do they ever sell any bread?

1 comment:

Simon said...

What a fascinating reflection: Here are my thoughts: -

Tom Cruise - absolutely spot on. Goodness knows what they'd make of me if they got to hear my religious views and as for expressing his love - good on you Tom there's too little of that these days.

Princess Di. Spot on again. Messgae to the media - ENOUGH ALREADY let the poor woman rest in peace.

Local politictians and indeed local media - as you say Mmmmmmm! But I have heard that the price of chicken may be going up so you may need to grab the newpaper first thing tomorrow.

I've often pondered the same thing about Roti men myself - goodness knows what it tastes like if you actually buy one in desperation.