Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Monkey Business

I'd like to say I started the New Year with a bang, but it was more a kind of rubber-rolling-on tarmac-kind-of-sound, with a fizz(*) and the unmistakable grinding-spinning sound of a PU-foam sandwich in carbon bread (**).

Indeed, at 6.40am I headed off for a spin around the strange town of Putrajaya with Shazly, Stupe, Bacin, Azwar, Adzim & Puzi. The pace was a little too high for me so, wanting to save myself for a 10k run afterwards, I ducked-out after 50km and promptly became rather lost in my efforts to cycle as directly as possible back towards the Mosque start-point.

It was a great ride. I particularly enjoyed my 5km solo time trial @ 35-40kph when I was trying to catch the others, who'd put 500m into me on an earlier incline. I managed to catch Stupe but didn't quite get to the rest, before we stopped at the Plaza Tol u-turn.

I came close to running for 15minutes and doing a u-turn but I willed myself to go-ahead with my plan and do 10km. It actually ended up being 9.5km in a little under an hour.

* - Azwar punctured after 10km
** - Adzim's Zipp disc wheel

1 comment:

TriStupe said...

Dude...wher's the group pic? :)