Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Good Start

New Years Day - usually reserved for a mighty hangover - was a bit different this year. Having not gone out on NYE for the first time since I was a teenager, I was up early and feeling good!

So.......in the afternoon I ran a couple of 3k loops around Titiwangsa Lake in 37:38. I'd had a big lunch a couple of hours earlier so my tummy was a bit full...that's my excuse for missing my 36:00 target!

On the 2nd (Tuesday a.m.) I cycled from home up to Genting Sempah again (4th time this year). The 16km-ish climb from my usual 'start' point below the Karak Highway took me about 1:01:40, which I thought was a bit slower than usual when I approached the top, but upon consulting my records at home I found that it was my fastest ascent by 4 minutes, having previously taken 1:11:00, 1:07:00 and 1:05:00. Next time...<1hr!

3 weeks to go until the Pacesetters 20km!!

No comments: