Saturday, May 12, 2007

Back In Action

I still don't know what my recent stomach/abdominal ailment was, but it seems to be going away. Today, for the first time this week, I felt like doing some training, so I went for a swim at Bukit Jalil.
  1. 400m warm up
  2. 4 x (50m hard + 150m easy). My 50m hard times were roughly...55s 54s 53s 55s
  3. 100m cool down
TOTAL 1300m

An easy workout, but I'm glad to be back in action after a whole 5 days of complete inactivity!

My plan is for an interval session on my still-under-trial turbo trainer this evening, and a short run tomorrow morning. I'm getting quite excited about the Duathlon next Sunday, and yesterday evening met someone else who's going - so at least I'll know a couple of people there.

I've updated my targets for the year. I officially consider myself to have learned how to swim front crawl now, but to keep me on my toes I've given myself a new target of improving to be able to do 1500m in 35mins. I'm also targetting increasing my bike speed from the usual 27-8kph to 30kph for a 40km distance. This will need some interval work on the turbo trainer!

1 comment:

Vicious Cycle said...

Thanks Adrian ur my 1st commentator, Nuthing much actually just keeping sane with a blog that's all(thinking out loud) .
Still trying to find out how i can use it.Wanted to keep it low profile. didnt know it was linked via comments too.

hows ur tummy?