Sunday, May 13, 2007

Giro

I did my 2nd Turbo session on Saturday night.
  • 10min warm-up @ 110-115bpm
  • Pyramid set 1-2-3-4-3-2-1 minutes @ 157-163bpm (85-88% HRmax)
  • Rests 1-1.3-2-2.3-2-1.3-1
  • 5 min warm down
According to 220 Triathlon mag (my bible) I need to do 6-9 min. 5min reps with 1min rests - thats a bit tougher than what i just did.

I will buy the trainer if my offer price is accepted. Not moving is a bit boring, but some good loud techno music and the benefit of a controlled training session keeps me going. Once or twice a week for up to an hour will do me on the trainer.

I then watched the first stage of the Giro on Eurosport...


On Sunday I had an extremely rare lie-in (until 7.10am when Lucas dragged me out of bed). I drank some nice fresh coffee and watched the highlights of last weeks MotoGP (my man Stoner winning again!). My inner demons won the battle of wills with my inner angels and I failed to go for a 5k KLCC morning run as planned.

Then off to Petrosains with Lucas and Mihir. They've both been there many times, but not together, and they had a great time. They wanted to go back in once we'd finished!

Late afternoon I managed to drag myself to KLCC park for a run.
  • 10min warm-up (easy jog)
  • 4 min recover (walk to start point)
  • 4 x 1.3km laps (7:35 - 7:22 - 7:13 - 6:49) = 5.2km in 28:59 NEW PB!
The PB was not surprising, but I was rather hoping to be closer to 28mins. But I felt good that I did go for my planned run! Must keep in shape for next weeks Duathlon!

In the evening I watched my favourite Judge John Deed, whilst keeping an eye on Hammo's progress in the F1 on the other channel - he got 2nd and beat Alonso again.

I then watched the final day of the footy season and indulged myself in 2 glasses of wine. The climax of Stage 2 of the Giro co-incided perfectly with half-time in the footy.

No comments: