Thursday, May 31, 2007

Oops!

Oops I did it again! - my 2 days off-work gave me time to think about other things and I ended up accidentally-on-purpose signing up for the Laguna Phuket Triathlon on 2 Dec 2007. It's a longer-than-Olympic affair (1.8km/55km/12km) with a super-hilly bike course!


My relationship with training has entered a new phase. Last night I felt so guilty about doing no training for 2 whole days, and being to lazy too leave the comforts of home to travel all the way to a cold Bukit Jalil pool, I moved the sofa and set up my newly-aquired turbo trainer in front of the TV, so that I could take inspiration from the Giro peloton and the tifosi on Monte Zoncolan, and do some interval training. And so I did, an extended 15min warm up followed by a 1-2-3-4-5-4-3-2-1 minute pyramid set @ 85% HRmax. Until recently I would have just watched TV and felt bad - now I actually do something - maybe it's addictive!

The Giro stage was great - check out how many people there were at the top of a mountain in the Italian Dolomites!....

1 comment:

yipwt said...

hi adrian,

just curious,...what is the BALL BREAKER RUN? and what is the distance...

thanks