Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Kenyir Aftermath

The Bad

Two weekends of activity, hours spent tavelling and disrupted sleep finally took it's toll and I've come down with a cold. A runny nose on Sunday, swollen throat on Monday, same but worse yesterday. The days when I would go to work whilst ill are over so I stayed at home yesterday and today, although I'm much better today and will be back up and running tomorrow. I'm tempted to go for a swim tonight but we'll see how I feel later.

The Good


Now that I've proved to myself that I can swim 1500m front-crawl in a race situation, and having felt the benefits of saving my legs for the run, I am much more confident about doing well in the Desaru and Singapore long-distance races later this year. At least I have a good chance of actually enjoying the last run, which is not how I could describe my recent efforts at A'Famosa and Singapore!

The Dilemma

I was already seriously considering not going to Miri for the triathlon on 24 June. Now that I learned so much from the Kenyir Tri, I'm even less inclined to go now. On top of that the cost and hassle of travelling at weekends does build up and I don't think I can be bothered going. I'll still have the PD and OSIM Singapore Tri's as practice before Desaru.

So what to do on 24 June?? Penang 22km or even 42km - not sure if I want to do 42km and not sure of its worth travelling that far for a 21km when I've got a few Half-marathons around that time already (Ipoh, PJ, Seremban). I could take Lucas to the Japan GT again, or I could do nothing. Wow - there's an idea - I could have a lie-in!!

7 comments:

tryathlete said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
tryathlete said...

do either penang run, and turn it into a holiday for the family. leave KL friday after work, check in to a beach resort at batu ferringghi, do the run, then have the rest of sunday and monday to relax by the beach. return to KL on tuesday. sounds like a plan, man...

Azman said...

There's way2ride broga night ride. You can always do that. :)

Vicious Cycle said...

give ur self one week.. you'll be alright. :)

Man.. can you imagine.. we need an alternative sport from our sport!

how about yoga?

Vicious Cycle said...

well... do lemme know if you on to the 21k.

Jaja Shah said...

yoga would help ;)

Max said...

Do nothing, relax and play Daley Thompsons decathlon.

http://www.doyouremember.co.uk/spectrum/daley.asp

Max