Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Big Swim-Run-Bike Weekender!

This weekend will include plenty of cycling and driving, some swimming and running, and hopefully enough sleep to suit!

I'll be driving up to Ipoh on Saturday morning to check-in for Sunday's 160km Century Ride (see route map below). I'll leave my bike at my Aunt Malar's house and then it's off up a bit further North to Bukit Merah for a late afternoon Biathlon (1km swim and 6km run). Carbo-loading dinner afterwards then back to Ipoh for the night.

My plan for the biathlon is just to do as much front crawl as poss, get some experience of sighting properly, and enjoy battling in the water with the others. I'm not too bothered about speed. For the run I'll be taking is easy - my only desire is to test if I can run without socks and still avoid blisters and chafing.

A nice target for me is...

Swim 30:30
Transition 1:00
Run 36:00
TOTAL 1:07:30

I'm saving myself for the big one on Sunday, 160km around Ipoh. It's not a race but I really want to finish in less than 7 hours. If I'm feeling super-fit, or if there's any paceline action , it'd be good to do it in 6h24m at an average speed of 25kph.

No comments: